Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 2 AIR Making a Commitment to Change Your Life

First thing's first. One of my "one step gaps" was to engage in things more creatively. Seeing the gap and simultaneously being so inspired by the sketches and drawings in this book blogging group's journals, I decided today to draw my image for my posting rather than trying to find an image to use. It may be weird or terrible but it was what my mind was calling me to draw and that's good enough for me!

My daily commitment is to
spend 5 minutes a day with my body in quiet contemplation.

My values are:What I have been putting off is:
  1. living a healthier more nourishing life - I'm literally talking about food here.
  2. visioning: researching and visioning for my business in a consistent and measured and planned way - don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds, I LOVE this stuff!
  3. reading, finding time to read books that will feed my soul and my intellect
My feasible plan for each:
  1. To make better choices, live by my values and know that I respect my body and have compassion for it, that I believe that it will serve my throughout my life, to have the patience to let it transform and be the way it wants. To live with my body in joy. To finally honour reciprocity and give to it as it gives to me everyday without question without resistance. To be responsible for it, to not take this responsibility lightly and honour this responsibility I have been given. To take action everyday to do what my body is longing for and to always be aspiring to being more connected and living more in honour of that which helps me exist. My body. - What's feasible about this? A state of mind, an ability to see my values manifest themselves in my relationship with my body. That's pretty feasible. What's more feasible? I begin today. If I am able to live by this commitment my consequence is a day of beauty - an entire day in shops, museum, galleries and all the places I've wanted to go in Toronto and have been putting off for so long!
  2. Visioning - I do this. I fit it in, here and there. I am making a commitment to a day of visioning for Studio Pinpoint today. Wednesday December 10th. I am to be in a client's office that day but this date is speaking to me and I will have to reschedule the client. I will bring together the beautiful people and minds that have helped me shape what is today Studio Pinpoint and we will together create a brighter vision for this company that is changing the business context we know (and don't love so much)!
  3. I will take the time that I have so lovingly carved out for Soul Coaching and use it for reading and feeding my mind - this time will forever be with me to feed my soul, my intellect and my desires.
I honour my commitments to myself and to others.

7 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Beautiful! I love how you did this in your own way. And thanks for the reminder to be gentle with myself. That never occurred to me which is very revealing. I love that you are honouring your commitments and others! Perfect for today.

Serena Lewis said...

Romana, I think it's great to see you getting so connected in your own way. What a wonderful way to honour your commitments.

Blessings ~

Unknown said...

Wonderful values. Thank you for sharing your art with us. I have been adding some to my journal too.

Look forward to hearing more.

Lisa said...

"It may be weird or terrible but it was what my mind was calling me to draw and that's good enough for me!"

I love that you say this!! Go Girl. That's exactly what I want to embrace, that attitude, because I feel that is how I will find the juicy real creative stuff waiting to be born. But it takes such bravery too. Congratulations, you're my idol for the day! (I don't mean congrats on being my idol gah, I mean on being your own person. You got that right? ;)

Genie Sea said...

I love the double helix of the pastel. The DNA of your thoughts. It's enchanting.

Allison said...

Reading is important to me as well. I have found an excellent resource for keeping track of what I want to & have already read is goodreads.com :]

Jamie Ridler said...

How exciting to see your art! Thank you for sharing your creations.

And I love the power in the words, "I begin today."

Enjoy!