Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 8 WATER Exploring the Turning Points in Your Life

The water on my alter is a brilliant emerald green today.

I'm Pisces. I find comfort in water. This is going to be a very special week.

This was a very special exercise. I found that when I thought of the pivotal moments in my life they all, except for 3, were negative things, break ups, divorce, job loss.

What was beautiful and encouraging was to see my transformation in Level 1 and my learnings in Level 2.

Level 1 - note the decision you made about life at that time:

Life is what is served to you, not what you make of it (15 years old)

Life is unfair & devastating (19 years old)

Life can go on (29 years old)

Life's shit, deal with it (37 years old)

You make life it doesn't make you (43 years old)

My responsibility is to making my life because no one else is accountable for it. I alone am accountable for my life (44 years old)

Level 2 - what did you learn during each of those times:

I can be sad yet still forge ahead.

I was trapped between cultures for 40 years!

No matter how far I'm pushed down I find strength and recover from it. I AM STRONG. ARRRRRGH!

Compassion

Self Respect

To give importance only to those who deserve it.


To end all I can say is this: "May I be blessed with the ability to carve out the time I so desire to get to Level 3 - I know the result will be delicious!"

I unconditionally accept my feelings...and what I feel is not who I am.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow - what you learned from each turning point was really powerful. Amazing how you took "negative" events and grew so beautifully from them. Kudos!

Turtleheart said...

Wow, those are some incredible turning points. The list of what you learned from them is inspiring. Thank you for what you have shared.

peppylady (Dora) said...

What turning point and well written.

Leah said...

great post! i felt much the same way about my turning points, they made me realize how strong i am!

i'm also a water sign (cancer), so i'm excited about a water themed week. :-)

Miss Robyn said...

I am in awe of how you have learned through your turning points... you give me hope xoxo
It must have been difficult to be trapped between cultures for all those years... thanks so much for being the caring soul that you are xoxo

Genie Sea said...

Thank you for sharing your turning points. They are very enlightening and fluid. I love the image accompanying this post! :)

Miss Robyn said...

Hello Romana, thanks for the comment.. I like it. Just wondering how to do that..do you mean change the word 'anger' to 'passion'? just wanted to clarify.. but the idea sounds terrific and I am glad you suggested it to me xoxo
(ps your turning points have helped me today to focus on the positive things of my past, even if they weren't that nice xoxo)

Maree Jones said...

"I AM STRONG. ARRRRRGH!"

Yes. You. Are.

Your life lessons are very inspiring!

Serena Lewis said...

I like how you presented your turning points. Very inspiring, Romana!

Love, light and peace,
Serena

Jamie Ridler said...

What a powerful post from a powerful woman. You rock, Romana!

You are inspiring me to go back to my turning points and articulate the learning.

Aurora said...

I could not do the stes you did here--what you learned--I was so frozen---thank you for sharing this!